Home Learning, PE, Timetables
From Tuesday, 5 January 2021, until further notice, most children will be doing their learning online, using the Microsoft Teams. All children have a Teams login, so you don’t need to have anything bought or downloaded, it is accessible using a web browser. So that you know what to expect, here is an overview of how learning will work:
- Every day will begin with a 30 minute PE session - either the Joe Wicks daily workout, or one from Mr Hanson
- Children are then expected to login from 9.30am for registration
- All morning lessons will be recorded, so that if you have multiple children, they can access the lessons at different times. It might take a few days for us to work out who is accessing live, and who is watching later, so please bear with us if we call asking why a child has not been able to log on!
- In the morning, children will have three live lessons (Maths, Reading and English) – these will be recorded so children can access them later if needed. Children will have an exercise book to record any written learning. Some of the maths and reading will be done through shared files, or quizzes accessed on Teams
- Cameras and microphones will be turned off as a default. This is because we are going to be recording lessons, and do not want to be sharing lessons with a film of the inside of your house. Please ensure that children are not turning their cameras on during lessons
- In the afternoons teachers will log on to do another register, and introduce the learning which will be more independent, usually, with a powerpoint or sheet to help. There might be a quiz or some writing to do which can be done in exercise books, which you can pick up from school
- Learning will be different and the way in which we will need to be teaching lessons is not what teaching usually looks like in class, as there are some obvious limitations.
- Lastly, the Teams page will act as a classroom which means that children are expected to act and behave in an appropriate manner. Many children are used to instant messaging and online gaming, and some elements of Teams (such as messaging) can feel similar. Please remind your children that the Teams page is not a social networking site, and is their classroom. Chat will be muted before and after school as children will note be expected to be using it outside of school hours.
- Thank you all for your support and patience over the next few weeks – please let us know if there are any issues we can help with
As Joe Wicks is beginning his workouts again from Monday, we have incorporated this into each class’s weekly timetable. These sessions will take place at 9.00am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
These sessions can be found here:
In addition, our sports coach, Mr Hanson will provide the children with additional Sports Challenges on a Tuesday and Thursday at the same time. These will be available on your child's Microsoft Teams site.
Home Learning Timetables
All year group timetables appear here (Nursery classes started as normal on Monday, 18 January 2021):
|Home Learning Timetable January 2021 Year 1||08th Jan 2021||Download|
|Home Learning Timetable January 2021 Year 3||08th Jan 2021||Download|
|Home Learning Timetable January 2021 Year 4||08th Jan 2021||Download|
|Home Learning Timetable January 2021 Year 5||08th Jan 2021||Download|
|Home Learning Timetable January 2021 Year 6||08th Jan 2021||Download|
|Home Learning Timetable January 2021 Reception||11th Jan 2021||Download|
|Home Learning Timetable January 2021 Year 2||19th Jan 2021||Download|