Posted on September 30th 2014
Behaviour in Learning
At HPAKH we have a simple and consistent, positive behaviour policy called Stay on Green. the school is invited to a reward session at the end of half term.
In order to keep their place on the reward day they need to stay on green. This is a strategy we use in our practice across the Academy. Stay on Green is designed so:
- That all children have the opportunitty to make positive choices about their behaviour and influence outcomes
- Children who regularly make good choices are recognised and celebrated
- Teachers integrate a consistent system within daily teaching in order to promote positive behaviours
- It reinforces our Golden Rules in each class
- On this display, all children have a label with their name on it — children start each day on the On Green so that every day is a fresh start for every child to make positive choices
If your child is at risk of missing a reward their class teacher will talk to you about their behaviour and we would look to you to support the work in school by discussing with your child the choices they are making and ways that those choices could be modified. The more you help your child take responsibility for their actions at home the easier it is for them to see the consequences of their actions in school.
As a school we believe good learning happens when children are engaged, proactive and take a pride in their work. Collaboration, perseverance and resilience are key qualities a good learner needs to possess. We help the children develop these skills in school and would ask you support these skills at home too.